This week I took on another challenge from the WDE at
The challenge this week was to paint from the photos only using the primary colors. For this I used Ultramarine Blue, Cadmium Red and Cadmium Yellow. I didn't sketch before I started painting and the portrait took about an hour to complete.
|Type of paint||Acrylic (Winsor & Newton, Liquitex)|
|Canvas||Galeria Acrylic paper|
|Reference||WDE 16 October 2009|
|WC||My post, the Gallery|
I also did an acrylic painting of the sock monkeys on the same acrylic paper
...and a watercolor painting from the same sketch on Langton watercolor paper using W&N watercolor paint.
© Mona Pihl